Simplify business expenses management for teams of any size
- Outsource receipt scanning and manual data entry
- Reduce expense fraud with our verification team
- Filter data from several vantage points
- Dashboard accessible via mobile app
- Add an unlimited number of users
- Create sub-accounts for teams/employees for expense privacy
Expense management software for teams and businesses of all sizes
3 options for expense management for teams
Your business pays for a single Shoeboxed account, and all employees share the login or email receipts to the designated email address provided when you sign up to a Shoeboxed account.
Ideal for: Small businesses of 1-5 employees or team members.
Your business pays for a Shoeboxed account, and each internal team or employee is given a sub-account to group expenses. Employees or team members only have access to the expenses they need to see, and you control who is able to have full account access on the sub-accounts (i.e. bookkeeper, accounts payable, etc.)
Ideal for: Businesses of +5 individuals.
For larger businesses, or businesses with several locations, we advise purchasing a Shoeboxed account per location.
Ideal for: Enterprise businesses or businesses with several locations.
How a Multi-Campus Church Reclaims 20 Hours a Month with the Shoeboxed App
"We set up a separate sub-account for each of his group's locations to guarantee that his team members only had access to the receipts that they needed to manage ... to ensure that Shoeboxed was the perfect fit for his receipt tracking needs, saving his organization valuable time and money."... Read more
High Praise Worship Center International, Inc. is a multi-campus non-denominational church that serves its communities’ families through several outreach and community projects.
The center has a team of 11, which includes outreach directors, student pastors, kids’ pastors, and other roles. With those roles comes sundry spending incurred when advancing initiatives and leading various projects. Manually logging in the team’s expenditures was necessary, but asking team members to each input business expense items would multiply the load.
“Everyone was emailing their receipts to me, and I was manually indexing them,” recalls Pastor Kelvin Hill.
Kelvin’s criterion for expense management software was straightforward. He wanted a way for the center’s staff to send in their receipts that did away with manual input for each business expense. His goal—to improve efficiency for everyone.
Kelvin found Shoeboxed online and introduced it to his team. With Shoeboxed’s receipt management system, submitting expenses was simplified for everyone. Team members use the Shoeboxed app to upload receipts to a central Shoeboxed account.
Integration took less than 2 weeks.
Morgan A. Price, Shoeboxed’s Operations Manager, recalls helping Kelvin to get his accounts set up. “We set up a separate sub-account for each of his group’s locations to guarantee that his team members only had access to the receipts that they needed to manage. I enjoyed working with Kelvin on his customized setup to ensure that Shoeboxed was the perfect fit for his receipt tracking needs, saving his organization valuable time and money.”
Currently, all team members have the Shoeboxed app on their phones, where they take pictures of receipts whenever a business expense is incurred.
“It’s a great service,” says Kelvin, “and my staff likes not having to input everything manually.”
Frequently asked questions
Shoeboxed provides multiple ways for employees to submit expenses to business owners or finance teams to get reimbursed.
- Have employees or team members use Shoeboxed’s pre-paid envelope service and let us scan receipts and take care of manual data entry for you!
- Additionally, employees can use Shoeboxed’s robust mobile app (available on the Apple store and Google Play) for receipt capture while on the go.
- Employees can also email receipts to a central Shoeboxed email address provided when you sign up for an account. Forwarded receipts will automatically appear in your Shoeboxed account.
- Employees can drag and drop e-receipts or images of receipts to the Shoeboxed account from a laptop or desktop.
- Team members can auto-import receipts with our custom Gmail plugin. The plugin finds e-receipts in your inbox and sends them to your Shoeboxed account.
- You can also create a sub-account for each employee or each location so employees only manage and have access to their own data.
The right expense management software includes management of receipts and can help you reduce expense fraud, provide reimbursement in a timely manner, do away with manual expense management, help with expense tracking and expense reporting, and so much more.
Here are features that the best business expenses management software will have:
- Ability to create expense reports
- Receipt capture with OCR technology
- Travel-related expense tracking features such as the ability to track mileage
- Multi-user friendly (for easy access by finance teams, accountants, etc.)
- Permissions around account visibility
- Integrations with popular accounting software, such as QuickBooks Online
- bility to track by project or expense type
Yes! Please book a demo call so we can better understand your needs.
Yes! Each sub-account has the ability to create a custom set of categories specific to their needs.
Our standout receipt scanner feature is that we will scan physical receipts on your behalf. Simply send your receipts to our processing facility in a prepaid envelope, and we do the rest. Your receipts will be OCR (optical character recognition) scanned, the data will be extracted and human-verified, and uploaded to your account—without you having to do any of the data entry. If you’ve been looking for a receipt scanner for business owners, but don’t want to purchase a machine, Shoeboxed might be a good fit for you.
Shoeboxed’s receipt scanning app and service integrate with a wide range of accounting software, including Quickbooks Online. For a full list of accounting software integrations, go here.