The Shoeboxed Team
Taylor Mingos—Founder, CEO & CTO
Taylor Mingos leads the day-to-day operations of Shoeboxed and drives its strategic vision.
In 2006, he helped grow studiVZ.net, an apartment-based startup in Berlin, into a major European Internet presence. The social network now has more page impressions than any other website in Germany and was acquired by Holtzbrink GmbH in January 2007. He has previously owned a video production company and launched other online social networks.
Taylor graduated cum laude from Duke University with a triple major in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and German.
Follow Taylor on Twitter @taylormingos
Tobias Walter—Co-Founder, CFO & COO
With extensive experience in investment banking and startup financing, Tobi is responsible for Financing, Legal and HR, and overall Business Planning and Strategy.
He worked in Capital Markets for Société Générale in Paris, France and in Mergers & Acquisitions for Morgan Stanley in Frankfurt, Germany. In 2006, Tobi joined studiVZ (now the largest website in Germany) during its founding days and became part of the six person management team of the 180 employee company. As the company’s VP International Markets, Tobi led the site’s roll out to eight foreign markets, leading a team of 60 people and managing a one-digit million Euro budget. He was also intimately involved in the acquisition of studiVZ for €85 million.
Tobi studied Economics & Business Administration at top business schools in Germany, France and the US.
Andrew Beach—Director of Sales
Mike Hourigan—Director of Marketing
Sam Glover—VP of Product
Rob Witman—Vice President of Engineering
Zack Brown—Account Manager
Clayton Noblit—Lead Customer Advocate
Lacey Rice—Software Engineer
Alex Lee—Head of Engineering(Shadow Broker)
Ionuţ Stan—API Architect(Code Kneader)
Colton Roberts—Lead Operations Manager
Beyond its core executive team, Shoeboxed’s day-to-day operations and growth are managed by a team of over 50 ambitious, talented and passionate entrepreneurs and young professionals from around the world.
In addition to its headquarters in Durham, North Carolina, Shoeboxed has a growing team in Sydney, Australia who manage the company’s Australian and New Zealand operations.
Shoeboxed is thankful to enjoy the guidance and support of a handful of world-class advisors from around the globe, including:
- Dennis Bemmann—Co-founder and former CTO of studiVZ and System Level Designer at Xilinx
- Michael Brehm—CEO & Founder of RebateNetworks, former COO of studiVZ and Venture Partner at Target Partners
- Christian Busch—General Manager, Digital of Alloy Media + Marketing, former VP Marketing of Takkle.com and Cellfish Media and Director Online Marketing at Bookspan (Bertelsmann/Time Warner)
- Alex Panelli—CEO of Trilibis Mobile and former executive at Palm, Converge, Hewlett-Packard and Motorola
- Radu Rosu—Founder of Eloquentix and former VP Engineering of Extensibility and several other startups.