Mobile Developer Job OpeningWant to take ownership of an award-winning app that’s been featured on the Today Show, New York Times and TechCrunch, and has been listed as a Top Business App in the App store three years in a row? Interested in making that same app even better by leveraging cutting edge technology? If you answered yes to these two questions, we want you to join our team as a Mobile Developer.
But this is no ordinary mobile development job.
You’ll help us be forward thinking with our apps and have a voice at the table with future technologies we adopt and employ with our updates. You’ll collaborate with both product and development teams on the app as well as with marketing and management teams on mobile growth projects. You’ll be working at a fast-growing business that combines the stability and resources of a profitable company with the relaxed environment of a startup. And if that wasn’t enough, we’ll also pay for you to attend any mobile development conference of your choosing once a year, all expenses paid for.
Your Mission:Design, develop and implement cohesive, highly-usable features and improvements to our existing iOS and Android applications, as well as develop brand new apps stemming from our core product.
- Objective-C, Swift, Git, Java, CocoaPods, and REST APIs
- iOS and/or Android development (we have native apps for both)
- A background with Agile development
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with other technologies we use, such as: Crashlytics, Segment.io, Facebook/Google login
- Core Data and experience with GCD and multi-threading
- Experience with continuous integration with Xcode server or testing iOS applications with XCTest
- Experience with Real-time image processing and deep learning
Why work at Shoeboxed?At Shoeboxed, you will have the opportunity to work directly with company leadership, take ownership of the projects you’re working on, and offer input on important product and development decisions. We provide a stable, creative environment that will allow you to move quickly and immediately see the impact of your work. Our development team strives to create elegant and maintainable software while leveraging the latest open source technologies. We also offer the following perks to all employees:
- Competitive salary, stock options, insurance coverage (health, dental, life & disability), unlimited vacation and a retirement plan with 3% employer matching.
- Free gym membership, half off tickets at all Durham venues, and free Bulls games from our Diamond View porch.
- Free beverages, snacks, Friday lunches, and monthly team events.
- Great location at American Underground in Downtown Durham.
- A “work-hard, play-hard” mentality, filled with Wii games and dart matches.