Director of Engineering Job Opening
Are you an experienced software engineer looking to lead a lean, tight-knit development team and play a critical role in the ideation, production and execution of a large-scale, rapidly-growing software? Want to work somewhere that combines the stability and resources of a profitable company with the relaxed environment of a startup and the mindset to stay agile as it grows? If so, we want you to join our development team as Director of Software Engineering.
As Shoeboxed’s Director of Software Engineering, you will spend most of your time working on back-end projects, including:
- Increasing the accuracy and precision of our data extraction algorithms for both paper and digital receipts
- Expanding and improving the RESTful JSON API that powers the various Shoeboxed mobile and web apps, as well as the iOS and Backbone.js frontends
. The API is written in Scala and talks to a few internal services that are written in Go, Python and Java.
- Helping to build prototypes for greenfield projects based on new ideas and concepts built on top of the core business. Many of these apps and concepts are built on machine learning work that we have developed over the past few years.
- An Agile Development evangelist with Scrum Master or Agile Coach experience.
- Extremely well-organized and reliable.
- A proactive communicator with an eye for simplicity and reducing complexity.
- Familiar with modern product and design best practices with a technical background in UX design or customer-facing mobile/web development.
Basic technical qualifications:
- Objective-C, Swift, Java, Git, CocoaPods.
- iOS, Android and/or Phonegap.
- Http, in particular REST APIs.
- Agile development.
- Object-Oriented programming experience.
- Relational database experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with other technologies we use, such as: RestKit, AFNetworking, Crashlytics, Mixpanel, Facebook/Google login.
- Machine learning experience.
- Core Data and experience with GCD and multi-threading.
- Experience with distributed engineering teams.
- Technical mentoring or coaching experience.
- Experience with continuous integration with xcode server or testing iOS applications with XCTest.